Please verify the password in settings.xml is same as the encrypted
password on repo

Make sure PW encryption is correct:

   - Login https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/webapp/#/login with jenkins-ci.org
   account
   - Go to https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/webapp/#/profile
   - Unlock "Current Password"
   - Put "Encrypted Password" to your settings.xml

See also: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Hosting+Plugins