On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 6:59:16 PM UTC+1, Baptiste Mathus wrote:
> Hi, please use the users list if this is to discuss Pipeline usage.

I'm sorry, since the big selling point of Jenkins 2 was that pipelines are
now integral to the Jenkins plan, and since this is not user error I'm
talking about, but bugs in the implementation, I thought that the
development forum was the correct one.

> Also, don't mix up the Groovy flavour in use with Pipeline, and the one
> (standard) you can use in the script console, as job steps, and so on.

I didn't actually realize there were two, thanks for informing me, but
since the pipeline is where I actually have to do my work, that doesn't
help me much.

> What you seem to describe is "just" a known issue:
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-26481
> <https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fissues.jenkins-ci.org%2Fbrowse%2FJENKINS-26481&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFu5BaLESwAeeM7jUXYk6mxKjuRiw>
> (though, granted, an important when you don't know about it).
It doesn't seem so to me, some of what I talked about is that known issue,
the problem with closures. But the problem I described as a case in point
doesn't seem to fall under that umbrella.

I've managed to work around the known issue, but this new problem, I don't
even have a clue. When adding a couple of lines of simple and unrelated
code cause a regex matcher to suddenly break, I don't even know where to
start working out what's going on.