Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response.

I am using the sample java code demonstrated in the following link
to build my custom build step. POM.xml is same as described here except
parent section version tag. In my case it is 1.420 instead of 1.400

I have did this change to resolve one of the ClassNotFound exception while
using version 1.400

I have build the maven project using
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Plugin+tutorial for my Eclipse

The java code looks like

import hudson.task.Builder;
import org.kohsuke.stapler.DataBoundConstructor;

public class BuildStepCreation extends Builder{
    private final String task;

    public BuildStepCreation(String task) {
        this.task = task;
    public String getTask() {
        public static class Descriptor extends BuildStepDescriptor<Builder>

            public boolean isApplicable(Class<? extends AbstractProject>
jobType) {
                return FreeStyleProject.class.isAssignableFrom(jobType);

            public String getDisplayName() {
                return "Job Orchestration";