Hi Daniel,

I have made my changes as suggested by You. Now my java file looks like.

import hudson.task.Builder;
import org.kohsuke.stapler.DataBoundConstructor;

public class BuildStepCreation extends Builder{
    private final String task;

    // Fields in config.jelly must match the parameter names in the
"DataBoundConstructor"
    @DataBoundConstructor
    public BuildStepCreation(String task) {
        this.task = task;
    }

    /**
     * We'll use this from the <tt>config.jelly</tt>.
     */
    public String getTask(){
        return task;
    }

    @Extension //This indicates to Jenkins that this is an implementation
of an extension point.
    public static class Descriptor extends BuildStepDescriptor<Builder> {

        @Override
        public boolean isApplicable(Class<? extends AbstractProject>
jobType) {
            //return FreeStyleProject.class.isAssignableFrom(jobType);
            // Indicates that this builder can be used with all kinds of
project types.
            return true;
        }

        @Override
        public String getDisplayName() {
            //This human readable name is used in the configuration screen.
            return "Job Orchestration";
        }
    }
}

My *config.jelly* file looks like which sits in
*com.oracle.siebel.jenkins.BuildStepCreation* under resources folder.
<?jelly escape-by-default='true'?>
<j:jelly xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:f="/lib/form">
  <f:entry title="Job Orchestration" field="task">
        <f:textbox/>
  </f:entry>
</j:jelly>

I am building a *.hpi *file from my workbenck(Eclipse) and uploading the
same on the jenkins server instance running on tomcat through Manage
Jenkins link.

The information in *index.jelly* about the plugin description is getting
read by the Jenkins and it is displaying under Installed Plugins as well.

But the custom build step is not populating in the drop down list.

Please suggest.