On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Tim Downey <timothy.dow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The issue is that run.getResult() is returning null even when used in a
> pipeline *after* which the build should have failed (e.g. after failing to
> pass unit tests or compilation).  I'm wondering if there is something I need
> to do to ensure that I get the proper build result from the job and have
> this step run only after that.

For a `SimpleBuildStep` this would apply:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/workflow-basic-steps-plugin/blob/master/CORE-STEPS.md#interacting-with-build-status

but you are apparently writing a `Step`, so:

> Is there something
> different I should be doing to ensure that the flowdockNotifier is only run
> after we've received some sort of build result?  The Flowdock plugin
> traditionally has been a Notifier and run as a post build action.

It is generally the responsibility of the script to decide whether or
not to run a given publisher and with what settings. Avoid calling
`Run.getResult`.