> On 14.01.2017, at 18:39, Christopher Orr <ch...@orr.me.uk> wrote:
>
> Since last month, no special permissions are needed to upload SNAPSHOTs:
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/53CC6ED4-3BBC-4FAD-A197-10AD7F922A34%40beckweb.net
>
> The permissions look correct here, and match the groupId and artifactId from
> your logs, plus you said that you've logged into Artifactory, so that should
> be fine:
> https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/blob/176a269/permissions/plugin-sinatra-chef-builder.yml
>
> So since the permissions look ok (and aren't needed for SNAPSHOTs anyway),
> and you've managed to log in to the Jenkins account app and Artifactory, I
> would guess that's something is wrong with your Maven security config.
> But I don't know much about this stuff — maybe you've defined your
> id/password in multiple places, or perhaps Maven shows where it's reading the
> credentials from if you use --debug?

403 Forbidden is what would be caused by upload permissions.

401 Unauthorized means that Maven does not send any credentials to Artifactory,
which then refuses to let anonymous upload something.

My guess (unclear to me given how this thread developed) is the server ID in
settings.xml does not match the server ID in the pom.xml's
distributionManagement.