> Am 13.02.2017 um 20:39 schrieb Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>:
>
> I'd love to have students help create Jenkins jobs which illustrate specific
> bugs in the git plugin, for example.  Sample jobs which illustrate different
> bugs as Jenkins jobs are available from the lts-with-plugins branch of my
> docker repository.  I've found it very powerful to have a Jenkins job per bug
> report, either as a pipeline job (branch in a git repository like my
> jenkins-bugs repository) or as a freestyle job which shows the bug and marks
> itself unstable when the bug is detected.
>
> I hope to propose a blog posting describing the technique of using one or
> more Jenkins job definitions for each bug.  I've found it very helpful to
> verify bugs remain fixed while detecting problems on multiple platforms.

That sounds interesting and would be a good basis. Do you think you can give
some more pointers until the course starts (15. March)?

A job per bug report is also a good working unit so we can start with a simple
one and then move to more difficult setups. If there would be an example to
start with it would be even better.

What is not yet clear: these jobs you are referring to sound like a test setup
for the ATH. So if you have such a setup it would be not much harder to add a
verification step as an ATH test case. Then you will also have regression
tests. Would that be also useful?

In which order should we pick up issues? Priority in Jira? Or Newest first?