We have a use case for adding a comment to Atlassian Pull Requests when
Jenkins starts a build including one. To do this, we would like to use
jenkins' changesets, rather than drop into the commandline using git and
awk. Currently, this information is ignored when GitChangeSet parses a
commit. Since there is no extension point available for GitChangeSet, my
idea is to add fields to GitChangeSet for the pull request id and
from-branch, and add a few lines of parsing to find this information when
it exists and set the fields; then submit the proposes changes. Is that the
best way to go about it, or is there a better way? It would be more generic
to soak in any intermediate lines with text, but that could add a lot of
weight.

There was a discussion of a related question in topic ChangeLog as list of
Pull Requests
<https://groups.google.com/d/topic/jenkinsci-dev/0eTTsJs9cYE/discussion>,
but it didn't seem to go anywhere that would help with this use case.

thanks in advance