Ooh, right, thanks!

In case there will be another newbie reading this:
The output from "mvn package" contains the last exception thrown, but it's
not the whole log!

Running the individual test gave the full log:
mvn test -Dtest=com.google.jenkins.plugins.storage.ClassicUploadStepTest

In my case I haven't mocked out getDescriptor(), so it returns nullptr and
the server dies with NullPointerException

Thanks for getting me on track again!