I would like to renew this experience. You can count me in as a mentor.

Where should we propose and discuss project ideas? I suggest a page on the
Wiki like GSoC 2016 project idea examples
<https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Google+Summer+Of+Code+2016>.
I have a few ideas already:

   - Improvements to workspace data retention feature (aka automatic
   workspace clean up)
      - Erase  builds older than X days of builds but always keep the last
      Y builds regardless of how old the builds are
      - Erase the external workspaces
      <https://plugins.jenkins.io/external-workspace-manager> in accordance
      with the workspace retention policy
      - Summary Report plugin <https://plugins.jenkins.io/summary_report>
   workflow compatibility
   - Speed improvements to the ATH (like use a dockerized jenkins instead
   of restarting jenkins for every test, but I am sure there are many ideas
   here)

Martin