I have a Builder plugin. In this plugin I check the status of the build
that was initiated using an api call. I want to received a filed status of
from the api and then set the Build step status as failed. But I am not
able to figure out how. Can someone help me with this please.

I am talking about this status at the end of the build:

[Pipeline] }[Pipeline] // node[Pipeline] End of PipelineFinished: SUCCESS