On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 3:00:39 PM UTC-7, Daniel Beck wrote:

> > On 2. Mar 2018, at 21:40, jbr...@synopsys.com <javascript:> wrote:
> >
> > I’d like to add the team “blackduck-detect-plugin” to the
> coverity-plugin (or add all members of that plugin team to the
> coverity-plugin Developers team).
>
> The former wouldn't be a great idea, since it's likely we'd just remove
> it. Teams assigned to different repos than what their name says is a
> well-known historical problem with how GitHub did permissions a few years
> ago, and I clean it up whenever I see.
>
> Alternatively, if your group/team maintains both repos, we can create a
> new custom team on GitHub that's manually managed (and make you team
> maintainer), rather than bot-controlled.
>
> > I would like to add another team to the coverity-plugin. I was added as
> an admin to the github repo (
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/coverity-plugin/settings/collaboration) but
> not to the coverity-plugin Developers team so I don’t have access to change
> the team or add a team.
>
> As repo admin, you can also just add the developers as 'external
> collaborators' to the repo. We're probably soon switching to that
> anyway[1].
>
> 1:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/jenkinsci-dev/EsjDADiHmtw/KSDeOsAoAQAJ

For the existing group (from what I can tell) the only remaining member is
not an active maintainer. If it's easy for you to clean that up that would
be nice (not sure if it is bot-controlled... maybe it's out of sync with
the repository-permissions-updater), although sounds like long-term it may
not matter.

I can go ahead and add the new developers as external collaborators.