You are right, I am sorry. But I already fixed my problem with the extra
tab which I did ask for by creating a *global.jelly *file. But I have
another problem, until now I just had  a config.jelly file which gave me an
extra entry in the Build Environment area, and by specify the *field="myVar"
*I was able to parse the value of the textbox and use it in my code. But
when I try to get the value of the *field* entry in my global.jelly, its
always null.

Sry I am new to plugin development and just trying to understand how
everything works together