You might be able to write an SCM trait extension plugin to understand
repository topics filtering, however, I think you would need to send a Pull
Request to the Github Branch Source plugin to have the topics data
available from the API wrapper :)

GitHub API wrapper used by GitHub Branch Source plugin
https://github.com/kohsuke/github-api/blob/master/src/main/java/org/kohsuke/github/GHRepository.java
https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/#list-organization-repositories the
topics is definitely on the repo :)