@Jesse The alternative I had considered too was to just have multiple
volumes. But I agree having only one is also more inlined with Essentials
philosophy, having only one volume to actually backup (because yes, users
should still backup, JENKINS-49406 is *not* a backup system) is simpler.

@James I agree with your comment on logs.

   - For Jenkins logs: unsolved yet, but we will have to dig into it very
   soon for JENKINS-49805, which is another critical part for the success of
   the project. I think if we go the way surfacing above, i.e. adding another
   level under $JENKINS_HOME to separate what is snapshotted, and what is not,
   we would kind of have a good place for those anyway.
   - For access logs: good point, though same, not enabled yet. I think we
   could also decide to use a reverse proxy for this purpose, since anyway
   we're likely to need to introduce that component so that users connected to
   Jenkins via their browsers see a breakage when Jenkins is restarting.

Will adjust the proposal very soon with all this.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I feel we're progressively reaching a more
decent thing together, which is always an intent for reviews. So that's
great.

Cheers