(replies inline)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018, R. Tyler Croy wrote:

> Just a heads up in case anybody on this thread is interested, I've put a
> hangout on the Jenkins project calendar to discuss this topic further on
> Friday:
>
> <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?eid=MGoyYm5nbXJsNDAyNWtlMGgxNmoxYzdxanEgNHNzMTJmMG1xcjN0YnAxdDJmZTM2OXNsZjRAZw&ctz=GMT-07:00>

Thanks Vivek, Andrew, Daniel, Sam, Jesse, and Baptiste for joining! Our
collected meeting notes have been archived here:

https://github.com/jenkins-infra/evergreen/tree/master/docs/meetings/2018-03-23-JENKINS-49852-pipeline-usage-telemetry

As per our discussion, I've filed the following ticket to at least define how
metrics will be collected in the context of a Jenkins Essentials distribution:
    https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-50373

Follow-up work will entail creating a prototype or two hooking up the Metrics
plugin together with Pipeline's GraphListener. Once that approach is validated,
I think we'll be able to move a broader discussion forward for Pipeline
instrumentation which can benefit both the development of Jenkins Essentials
but also Pipeline itself.

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy

     Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
  Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
     xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

  % gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F