There are ToolInstallation and ToolInstaller extension points for it.

   -
   https://jenkins.io/doc/developer/extensions/jenkins-core/#toolinstallation
   - https://jenkins.io/doc/developer/extensions/jenkins-core/#toolinstaller

With these extension points you can implement custom tool installation
logic and then enable the tool for the build (e.g. by adding a BuildWrapper
or ToolInstallation invocation in your build step). If you do not want to
write your own plugins, there is Custom Tools Plugin
<https://plugins.jenkins.io/custom-tools-plugin> which can do the job.

In all cases the tools will be installed when a job needing them runs on a
node on the first time.

Hopefully it helps,

Oleg