On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Jacob Keller <jacob.kel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I discovered that it could take a significantly long
> time for the SSHD server to start. It turns out that JenkinsRule defaults to
> the 1.651.2 jenkins-war which does not disable the server by default.

`JenkinsRule` is _built_ against some older version of Jenkins core.
What you _run_ against is specified by `jenkins.version` in your POM.
Select something newish, and SSHD will not be started by default, and
your problem is solved.

> attempting to debug why the sshd-module can sometimes take forever.
> (It's possible it's platform/OS related?)

Sure, maybe.

> modifying the JenkinsRule to not start the timeout countdown until after
> initialization

No, this would allow tests which genuinely hang in e.g. `@LocalData`
to never terminate.