(replies inline)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2018, Jesse Glick wrote:

> Filed a draft request:
>
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/pull/84

Jesse this is a very thorough and well-thought out document! Thank you so much
for putting the effort into it.

I understand that you have prototyped this work with strictly plugins at this
point, and the document makes allusions to core and 'modules' potentially being
able to use this same approach and tooling.

The only question I had was whether you think it's important to verify that
core and modules function with this model before rolling out this type of a
design? From the IEP-9 standpoint, I don't really care what tooling is required
to get  incremental builds into the maven repository, but I'm not sure if you
consider applicability to core part of "acceptance criteria" for this design.

I hope the question makes sense, put more shortly: does core need to be figured
out for this to come into effect?

Have a good weekend :D