On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 3:22 AM, Thomas Weißschuh
<thomas.weisssc...@de.amadeus.com> wrote:
>> I suppose we could also amend `DefaultStepContext.get` to include a
>> special variable bound to the current `FlowNode.id`;
>
> This is actually currently implemented in `CpsStepContext`,
> and exposed via the generic `StepContext.get`.
> It includes the complete FlowNode.

By “variable” here I mean “environment variable”: to include the value
of the node ID in `context.get(EnvVars.class)`.

>> introduce an `ExtensionPoint` similar to
>> `EnvironmentExpander` but accepting a `StepContext` argument (to be
>> called from a new overload of `getEffectiveEnvironment`), so you could
>> bind such a variable yourself. The latter would be an Enhancement with
>> `api` label in `workflow-step-api-plugin` + `workflow-support-plugin`.
>
> I assume it should be similar to `EnvironmentContributor`, right?

Roughly, yes, but with a finer-grained context: an
`EnvironmentContributor` only knows which build is running, nothing
Pipeline-specific.

@svanoort & @abayer could speak to that.

> I would like to take a stab at
> implementing it.
> Should I open a proper ticket to discuss the details or are concrete
> prototypes
> preferred?

Both.