On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 at 11:57, Chris Kilding <chris+jenk...@chriskilding.com>
wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> When I started building the plugin my basis was a combination of your
> guide and the Kubernetes Credentials Provider.
>
> The following sections of your guide were particularly valuable right from
> the start of development:
>
> - The caching strategy guide for remote credentials providers (cache
> metadata for N minutes, retrieve secret data live).
> - “Implementing a new Credentials type” (when and how to extend the
> standard types properly, when to make a new type).
>
> I’m finding the guide is becoming more understandable (and I can get more
> out of it) now I’ve learned the basic architecture of Jenkins plugins. In
> the beginning it’s easier to work off an existing plugin’s code, but now I
> can read more of your guide and see implementation mistakes that need to be
> corrected.
>
> Much like any other technical manual, its utility for the reader increases
> with the reader’s knowledge of the subject. Many thanks for writing it :)

Glad to hear. I wasn't happy moving my focus away from Jenkins plugins
without leaving guides to the community for the stuff I believe to be
important (credentials and scm-api). I am glad you have found (and are
still finding) utility in the content. Feel free to create PRs with any
suggested improvements as I am paying attention... just not as frequently
;-)

- Stephen