The main advantage to using an API plugin is to allow the library to
be reused by other plugins without each plugin needing to maintain
updates to the dependencies manually. Instead, the API plugin is used
for those libraries which reduces maintenance burden, especially
whenever CVEs are discovered.

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 12:34 AM <parichay.barpa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am working on improving the Gitlab Plugins. The first plan is to move to a
> gitlab-api-plugin which provides Gitlab Java Apis rather than using the ones
> implemented inside the plugins codebase. This will be similar to
> github-api-plugin.
>
> What is the advantage of wrapping an API inside a plugin over using Apis
> directly as a dependency?
>
> If someone experienced with development of Github Api Plugin or similar,
> please take a look at our gitlab-api-plugin:
> https://github.com/jenkins-gitlab/gitlab-api-plugin
>
> Your review will be higly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Parichay (baymac)