I’ll push the plugin through to Incrementals anyway as it validates the archive
as part of the process, which is a useful automated check to have.

Unfortunately I’m seeing extremely slow upload speeds to the Incrementals Azure
Function API, and ‘400 Bad Request’ errors, sometimes with no accompanying
error message. (I’ve posted to the list separately about this as well.) The
most it’s told me is that the archive might be invalid, but it doesn’t say why.

I haven’t seen the source of this Azure Function around - it might be private -
so would someone be able to help me diagnose this?

Chris

On Mon, 20 May 2019, at 6:19 PM, Jeff Pearce wrote:
> Hi Chris

> No need to publish an Alpha version for me – I’m happy to build and install
> manually

> Best

> Jeff

> *From: *<jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Chris Kilding
> <chris+jenk...@chriskilding.com>
> *Date: *Monday, May 20, 2019 at 4:56 AM
> *To: *"jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com" <jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com>
> *Subject: *Re: Proposal: AWS Secrets Manager Credentials Provider plugin

> Notice: This email is from an external sender.

> Jeff - I’m close to getting the plugin released via the Jenkins Incrementals
> update site (the new repository for automated plugin deployments). Will that
> be sufficient for your engineers to test with, or will you need a traditional
> alpha/beta release to the Experimental update site?

> I should be able to release to Incrementals as soon as I’ve received upload
> permissions:
> https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/pull/1137

> Chris

> On Fri, 17 May 2019, at 2:55 PM, Joseph P wrote:

>>> - If I update to parent POM v3.36+ then Findbugs is replaced by Spotbugs.
>>> Will the Jenkins Findbugs report publisher (which all plugin builds have
>>> access to) understand Spotbugs reports?

>> Yes, SpotBugs is configured to work as a replacement and Jenkins CI will
>> continue to fail.

>> Latest that is the experience many repos who have switched have noticed, see
>> this PR: https://github.com/jenkinsci/credentials-plugin/pull/114

>> Which has a commit directed for "fix spotbugs"

>> On Friday, May 17, 2019 at 2:19:43 PM UTC+2, Chris Kilding wrote:

>>> Alrighty, the manual way it is.

>>> I’m following the steps to trim down the plugin POM in the release manual.
>>> However I’ve noticed the following quirks:

>>> - When I inherit the parent POM’s groupId, I get the older
>>> “org.jenkins-ci.plugins” rather than the newer “io.jenkins.plugins”. Is
>>> this a problem, or can I stick with the older groupId? (It seems preferable
>>> for the plugin to inherit settings wherever possible.)

>>> - When I took out the repositories and pluginRepositories sections, the
>>> plugin could not compile. Is there a fix for this, or should I keep a local
>>> copy of those sections in my POM?

>>> - If I update to parent POM v3.36+ then Findbugs is replaced by Spotbugs.
>>> Will the Jenkins Findbugs report publisher (which all plugin builds have
>>> access to) understand Spotbugs reports?

>>> Regards,

>>> Chris