On 28/06/2019 09.15, Daniel Beck wrote:

On 28. Jun 2019, at 07:26, 'Björn Pedersen' via Jenkins Developers
<jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Has this been hit by a spam-attack?

Obviously :) The worst legitimate weather we ever had was still well below 100
(because then users checking the weather stop installing that release).

The changelog weather has no spam protection, and if it's obvious garbage we
(well, me at least) simply ignore it. It's only a useful tool as long as no
users mess with it.

If anyone's interested in improving things, the repo is at
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/rating

I am wondering whether this would not be better delegated to one of the free online voting services - they surely have the spam-protection figured out. In fact, my brief search was a bit disappointing as many of the services ware too powerful for the yes/no answers we are after.

Do we happen to know whether we need PHP and PostgreSQL for other things in our infra? It can also be and interesting simplification...

--
oliver