Normally you would update the plugin name in the your pom.xml and do a
release
https://github.com/jenkinsci/ibm-asoc-plugin/blob/master/pom.xml#L4

This will update the display name but not the artifact ID, i.e. it will
still show up in URLs like the plugin site

Other than that I  think you need to publish a new version that has an
administrative monitor / log messages telling users to migrate to the new
one

Thanks
Tim