Hi all,

Thanks a lot to whomever nominated me for the event officer position, it is
much appreciated. As it was discussed with the Jenkins board, I would be
willing to become an event officer role if there was no other nominees. But
there is another nomination. I will still run for the Board position, but I
would like to withdraw my name from the Event officer election.

*Why?* I indeed help to organize a lot of events, including GSoC,
Hacktoberfest, meetups, etc. And I will keep doing so. But for me such
events are an instrument to building a stronger community, getting user
feedback and to ensuring Jenkins' future by facilitating changes in
critical areas. It is an extremely important instrument, of course. I like
small events and direct communications with users/developers,
conferences/booths/budgets/etc. - not so much. But big events are a
critical part for the Jenkins community, and this is the most important
part of the Event officer role. This position deserves having a
professional event and marketing program manager like Alyssa. I will be
happy to continue working with Alyssa in the Advocacy and Outreach SIG and
sharing the load like it happens now.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev