> On 17. Oct 2019, at 17:05, Olblak <m...@olblak.com> wrote:
>
>> Don't we have a feature in Confluence to add a big warning in top of pages,
>> for people logged in, to point them to this thread or so?
>
> I added that warning message

It shows for everyone, but that way it prepares everyone for the eventual (I
guess?) shutdown of the wiki.

>> I am all for migrating content from Confluence to GitHub
>> (`jenkins-infra/
>> jenkins.io
>> `, `jenkinsci/*-plugin`, etc.), but we would
>> still need write access to Confluence at a minimum to delete the
>> content from a page and replace it with a note saying where the new
>> content lives!
>>

> Can we just add that information on top of every page, something like "The
> content of this page is deprecated in favor of plugins.jenkins.io/<the plugin
> id>"

I propose that we restore write access for plugin maintainers at least for a
time, to allow them to clear out wiki pages after migrating the content
elsewhere. The script for that basically exists at
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/wiki-maintainers-updater -- grant write access
only to that group and you're basically done.

Combined with the giant notice on top (perhaps slightly reworded) it should be
clear that this is temporary, and the expectation is for the content to be
moved, rather than just edited.