You should just need to enable the "consume-incrementals" profile, rather
than adding extras to the pom

https://github.com/jenkinsci/plugin-pom/blob/master/pom.xml#L1348-L1369

If you are not using a mirror in your settings.xml then yes, I have always
had to bootstrap the repositories section for repo.jenkins-ci.org
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Frepo.jenkins-ci.org&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH-lqjQdpr_N3OJq6LbHFX-8CE0vg>,

to work from the command line (so supporsied that you needed to add this
just now if it was already working)