Hi all,

You may have already noticed few a threads about Google Summer of Code
(GSoC) <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/> in the developer mailing list
and other Jenkins channels. We are going to participate in the program this
year, and we are looking for project ideas and mentors
<https://jenkins.io/blog/2019/12/20/call-for-mentors/>.

GSoC is a great opportunity for us to work on important and
complex projects together with some brilliant students who seek mentorship
in open-source projects. Jenkins project participated in GSoC 3 times, and
during this time we had 8 successful projects. And yes, it is really about
complex projects which would be valuable to the Jenkins users and the
community. Just few examples of what we achieved last year during GSoC 2019