I am not sure what specific kind of integration are you guys looking for, but I managed to get sonar publishing to work a while ago[1][2].

- There is no requirement to have a centralized "jenkins" sonarcloud org nor having it connected to "jenkinsci" github org to have projects in that org validated.

- It does work for master and branches, but cannot work for pull requests AFAIK. The problem there is travis is injecting the credentials (so results can be published), but it does not inject that in case the code comes from out of given repo for security reasons.

[1] https://github.com/jenkinsci/ws-cleanup-plugin/commit/c7553f470723c4ec0749b49f944ba97cb4a3e230#diff-354f30a63fb0907d4ad57269548329e3
[2] https://sonarcloud.io/dashboard?id=jenkins_ws-cleanup-plugin