Hi Everybody,

Considering the number of people who contacted me about
`repo.azure.jenkins.io`, makes me realize that in the hurry two weeks ago, I
didn't communicate very well about it.

To bring the context, that service was running on an old Kubernetes cluster
(v1.7) provided by a deprecated service on Azure (ACS) which was in end of life
on the 31st of January 2019, more about that work on INFRA-1797
<https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-1797>, and now this cluster is
totally gone.

We didn't have a lot of data to compare the performance between
repo.azure.jenkins.io and repo.jenkins-ci.org but after running some quick
tests it appeared that there weren't huge benefits to use repo.azure.jenkins.io
over repo.jenkins-ci.org so we decided during the Jenkins-infra meeting of the
28th of January to switch back to repo.jenkins-ci.org.

But something to keep in mind, in the past that old Kubernetes cluster "ACS"
didn't support private network connections which is now the case with the new
AKS so performance should be better now.

In short, it doesn't mean that we don't want to deploy this service again in
the future, but just that we had to move quickly based on the time we had. If
it appears that we need that service again we could re-deploy it with this helm
chart <https://github.com/jenkins-infra/charts/tree/master/charts/nexus> which
is the one that I am using for the release environment, in all cases, we'll
have to do some adjustment as by default the docker image used in this chart,
uses slightly different maven repository name.

To conclude this email, with the end of Microsoft sponsorship that officially
happened in December 2019, we are now investigating solutions to finance our
infrastructure which will obviously impact the way we use ci.jenkins.io in the
future.
More coming in the coming days/weeks..

Ps: Please note that I am now using jenkins-in...@googlegroups.com for the new
infra mailing list if you are interested and didn't subscribe to it yet.

Cheers

---
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 52210D3D
---