Since the thread is indeed pretty well derailed by now,

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:17 AM Daniel Beck <m...@beckweb.net> wrote:
> The major obstacle as I see it is the mapping of users. This applies to every
> alternative not backed by our LDAP.

Right. It would be great to switch to GitHub SSO, avoiding the
confusion between oleg-nenashev vs. oleg_nenashev and so on, and
ending a bunch of issues such as old email aliases. JIRA and
Artifactory would need to support this connector. (So few people have
special permissions on ci.jenkins.io that this seems like a minor
issue.) “Mapping” would boil down to ensuring that any active
maintainers have gone to https://accounts.jenkins.io/myself/ to set
their GitHub ID prior to the switchover.