On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 9:19 AM Daniel Anechitoaie <daniels0...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hmm, yeah, I had a small brainfart. For some reason I was thinking in
> decimal and was seeing 3.6 as 3.60 which in my mind was more recent than
> 3.56 (which is the latest 3.x version)/
>
> So now with
>
> <parent>
>     <groupId>org.jenkins-ci.plugins</groupId>
>     <artifactId>plugin</artifactId>
>     <version>3.56</version>
>     <relativePath />
> </parent>
>

> And
>
> <properties>
>     <jdk.version>1.8</jdk.version>
>     <java.level>8</java.level>
>     <jenkins.version>2.121.1</jenkins.version>
> </properties>
>

> I get
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile
> (default-compile) on project my-plugin: Compilation failure
> [ERROR] java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
> /Users/daniels/Work/my-plugin/target/classes/META-INF/annotations/hudson.Extension
>
> Should I just go to latest Jenkins and the 4.0 beta parent pom?

I receive that message when I'm compiling with Java 11 but using a Jenkins
version before 2.164.  The first Jenkins LTS to support Java 11 compilation
is Jenkins 2.164 (as far as I know)  I've learned to type:

$ mvn clean -Djenkins.version=2.164.3 verify

Eventually, I will update the plugins where I use that technique so that
they require Jenkins 2.164 or newer as their minimum version.  Jenkins
2.164 is over a year old.