> Am 21.04.2020 um 19:05 schrieb Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com>:
>
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 6:11 PM Ullrich Hafner <ullrich.haf...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> The enforcer never found a real bug up to now
>
> Interesting, before using `RequireUpperBoundDeps` I had on numerous
> occasions wasted plenty of time trying to track down cryptic
> `LinkageError`s caused by mismatched dependencies.

Was that while developing plugins or core? I think when checking dependencies
in core you have the same set of components during maven compile and in
runtime. But when compiling a plugin you almost never have the same
dependencies during compile and runtime. So even if the enforcer finds
something during compile it might be totally different when deployed to a real
Jenkins system.