> It makes sense to me that release runs the the tests on the artifacts,
Me too as long as they don't increase the release time too much.
If we move those tests to ci.jenkins.io, it becomes more monitoring as we'll
run tests on public artifacts and so it will make more sense to use Datadog to
create alerts.etc.

> I agree that it should be a formal on-rotation assignment shared among
> Jenkins core maintainers and, maybe, the release team.
> Bot roles are documented here:
> https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/blob/master/docs/MAINTAINERS.adoc#roles
>
> One problem is that the "Release team" members are not formalized at the
> moment, and we could clarify that.

Thanks for the documented roles, I didn't know that document exists and I will
add a link to the jenkins-infra/release readme.
The release team would be the perfect team to have ownership on weekly
releases, again it doesn't mean they are alone on this, just that they are
responsible that the full process is going well and they know who to contact in
case of emergency.