>though if your instructions do fix the issue then jenkins documentation is
>incorrect: "Log in to Artifactory, and from your profile, obtain the encrypted
>password."

I've recently changed laptops and have had to re setup my environment and
obtained the encrypted password correctly using these instructions so they are
not incorrect.

I don't doubt you have an issue but could you list the steps you took one by
one when you logged into Artifactory to when you pasted in your password to
your settings for.

For the record I've also successfully done it the other way that is described
in the alternate link by setting up a Maven master password that locally
encrypts your password as opposed to getting the pre encrypted password from
the server.