Hi all,

Thanks a lot to everyone who has already contributed to the Jenkins
project! We have delivered a number of important changes which will help
Jenkins users, see the highlights below. So far we’ve got 39 participants
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/ui-ux-hackfest-2020#contributors> who have
reported their contributions to the UI/UX hackfest tracking repository. Full
list of reported contributions can be found here
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/ui-ux-hackfest-2020/issues?q=is%3Aissue>.

If you have not contributed yet and would like to participate, there is
still time to do it! If you are looking for hot issues within our project
tracks
<https://www.jenkins.io/events/online-hackfest/2020-uiux/#tracks-and-project-ideas>,
here are some hints:

   -

   Newcomer-friendly issues:
   -

      UI/UX issues in Jenkins components

<https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20in%20(ui%2C%20ux%2C%20ux-sig%2C%20frontend%2C%20user-experience)%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie-friendly%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)>
      -

      Jenkins Documentation on jenkins.io

<https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22++label%3Adocumentation>
      -

      Documentation in Jenkins components: Jira

<https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20in%20(docs-sig%2C%20documentation)%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie-friendly%20AND%20status%20in%20(Open%2C%20%22In%20Progress%22%2C%20Reopened)>,
      GitHub Issues

<https://github.com/search?q=org%3Ajenkinsci+is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22good+first+issue%22+label%3Adocumentation&type=Issues>
      -

   UX Testing needed:
   -

      Read-only Jenkins Configuration (HOWTO

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wve6fXV7mPkqtFn_gR9kfDWq-qOu6pPLYcDzKTjOHoI/edit#bookmark=id.tg16w6mn6frz>
      )
      -

      UI Accessibility: Tables to Divs migration (HOWTO

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wve6fXV7mPkqtFn_gR9kfDWq-qOu6pPLYcDzKTjOHoI/edit#bookmark=id.t5gukjy85is>
      )
      -

      Dark Theme (HOWTO
      <https://github.com/jenkinsci/dark-theme#contributing>)
      -

   Reviews needed:
   -

      Jenkins Documentation pull requests (see here
      <https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pulls>)
      -

      Plugin documentation  migration pull requests (query
      <https://github.com/orgs/jenkinsci/projects/3#column-7664190>)
      -

      Any other open pull request which improve UI/IX
      -

   Spread The Word
   -

      Report your Jenkins success story on https://jenkinsistheway.io/

*More info and project ideas*

   - We have also had 7 training sessions for Jenkins users and
   contributors. They can help you to get started with particular topics.
   Recordings and Materials can be found here:
   https://github.com/jenkinsci/ui-ux-hackfest-2020/tree/master/presentations
   - You can also find  more info and issue links on the Hackfest website:
   https://www.jenkins.io/events/online-hackfest/2020-uiux/

Hackfest highlights

   -

   Preview release: Read-only Jenkins Configuration -  Announcement Blogpost
   <https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2020/05/25/read-only-jenkins-announcement/>.
   We have got a number of fixes and testing reports from participants, thanks
   all!
   -

   Dark Theme PoC is available for evaluation and testing:
   jenkinsci/dark-theme <https://github.com/jenkinsci/dark-theme>. There
   were significant changes in the Jenkins core to make it possible and to
   simplify development of UI themes in the future
   -

   Many UX improvements in the Jenkins core and plugins. Major ones:
   -

      Improved management screens for the Credentials plugin
      -

      Script Security: new Approval management UI:
      https://github.com/jenkinsci/script-security-plugin/pull/300
      -

      Folder Authorization plugin
      <https://github.com/jenkinsci/folder-auth-plugin> UI revamp
      -

      Credentials UI navigation improvements
      -

   Documentation migration from Wiki: 40+ user documentation pages are
   migrated to jenkins.io, 16 plugins docs are migrated to
   Documentation-as-Code

Thanks to all contributors who helped these and many other changes to
happen!

Best regards,

Hackfest org team