On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 1:21 PM Michael Carter
<mikeycarter1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Which of course causes a lot of CPU usage on the master due to the frequent
> lookups to the identical username/password.

I suppose you have already concluded that the high CPU usage is caused
by the abovementioned credential lookups. But in case you (or anyone
else) are still investigating other possible causes of high CPU usage,
I have had great success with generating flame graphs from Jenkins
controller Java processes using
https://github.com/jvm-profiling-tools/async-profiler. It's pretty
fascinating to look at the flame graph for a minute or so of execution
of even a healthy Jenkins controller: you get a sense of what your
workload typically looks like and therefore develop a baseline against
which to analyze pathological performance later on. It's even more
fascinating to look at the flame graph for Jenkins initialization,
especially on a busy controller.