Oh, and: given the nature of our project, I think defining a clear way to
un-EOL a plugin would likely be needed too.
It's probable that we'll EOL some plugins, and after say 1 or 2 years some
folks will want to revive some of the plugins that got EOLed.

It may seem backward, but I think it's a healthy thing. The bottom line and
expectation is that anyway we'll probably EOL dozens of plugins quickly and
only a handful will be requested to be unEOLed (meaning, after a
transitional pre-EOL warning period and nobody has complained during this
one).

-- Baptiste