Hi all,

I would like to propose moving the following channels that currently live
on freenode to libera.chat:

   - #jenkins
   - #jenkins-hosting
   - #jenkins-infra
   - #jenkins-release

There's been some very user / FOSS hostile behaviour from the owner of
freenode, latest example can be seen in
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=27286628.

Implementation is:

   - Update jenkins.io
   - Let people currently in the channel know
   - Update ircbot to connect to new server and create new credentials

There's been other conversations about moving the community to places like
discourse and replacing the ircbot with Jira webhooks, but I don't believe
that this is the right thread for those.

ircbot does more than just hosting, it manages github permissions and Jira
components as well.
Any changes to ircbot require or Jira webhook integration requires
interested contributors to build solutions.

Thanks
Tim