Hi there,

I have a question regarding SCMNavigatorDescriptor. I would like to
implement a newer version of the plugin where the current behaviour of the
SCMNavigator is deported and divided into multiple Traits for
configuration. The issue is that I would like to maintain a working state
for the older installations that update to the new version. To do so, I
would like to take all previous job configurations and add the
aforementioned traits automatically to them so that they will continue to
have the expected behaviour. The issue is twofold:

* I don't know how to know if a configuration is an older one or just a new
one that knowingly removed those traits. I thought maybe I could pull
something with the serialVersionUID but looking at other implementations
none of them had the serialVersionUID positioned on such a class. Also
maybe that would be a bad usage of this mechanism ?
* I don't know how to proceed with automatically inserting those traits in
older configurations.

Is there a mechanism that deals with those kinds of migrations from an old
to a new configuration ?

Regards,

--

[image: Martin Goyot]

[image: Logo Tuleap]

Martin Goyot

+33.7.66.39.17.39

Consultant and Tuleap trainer

Enalean SAS - Tuleap

[image: Linkedin Tuleap] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/tuleap/> [image:
Tuleap website] <https://www.tuleap.org/fr/> [image: Twitter Tuleap]
<https://twitter.com/TuleapOpenALM>
[image: Bannière téléchargement ebook Agilité à l'échelle]
<https://www.tuleap.org/fr/ebook-agilite-a-lechelle/?utm_source=signature-mail&utm_medium=martin-goyot&utm_campaign=banner-mail-promo-ebook-1>