Hi all,

I would like to propose that we add to the list of eligible criteria for
backporting the following

* is a dependency update with a known security issue

The reason for this if we have a dependency with a security issue that is
exploitable from Jenkins we already do include that as a LTS issue via the
current SECURITY process, however if the issue is *not* exploitable then we
do not. (for example the recent XStream issues have not impacts Jenkins as
we already use an allow list).

However as supply chain issues are becoming more prominent to our users,
they are scanning software with automated tools that look at the
dependencies, and these scanners do not understand how a library is used
or  configured, and has the potential to:

* make the software look insecure (thus be a barrier to adoption)
or
* cause extra nose asking about CVE-2021-123456

WDYT?

/James