Hi,

On Wed, Oct 06, 2021 at 08:47:36AM -0700, Adam Leon Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are trying to release a jenkins plugin.  On preparing the maven
> release, maven throws the below:
>
> Unable to tag SCM
> Provider message:
> The git-push command failed.
> Command output:
> fatal: remote error:
>   jenkinsci/plugin-pom.git/neuro-cucumber is not a valid repository name
>   Visit https://support.github.com/ for help
>
> Notably our SCM is jenkinsci/neuro-cucumber, not
> jenkinsci/plugin-pom.git/neuro-cucumber.  It seems that is coming from
> the (4.4) parent POM.
>
> Can anyone advise?

Your pom.xml is missing many required/recommended parts, for the release
process notably the scm connection. These would have been set if you had
started from the Jenkins plugin archetype, as documented on
https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/tutorial/create/ - but I must
admit that I had a hard time finding this page in the first place...

Regards, Tobias