Thanks for stepping up. Since the plugin is not marked for adoption you'll
want to follow either the takeover or  I guess it's additional user
procedure?

We need a PR to
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater with any of
the existing maintainers tagged. And this mailing list post cc'd to any
email addresses you can find for existing maintainers.

If nobody responds in two weeks you'll be able to take over.

On a personal note, it's a super busy and popular plugin, so thanks for
stepping up, but also all the issues will be a bit daunting.

Gavin