On Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 10:16:28 AM UTC-7 Tony Noble wrote:

> Thanks - it looks like we might have something caching old certificates
> then.  Apologies for the false alarm...

We've seen reports that older Java versions and older operating system
versions may not support Server Name Indication (SNI) from TLS.

We've also seen reports that older Java versions and older operating system
versions may not support the ISRG X1 root certificate from Let's Encrypt
(see their blog post
<https://letsencrypt.org/docs/dst-root-ca-x3-expiration-september-2021/>).

The solution in both cases was to update the Java version and the operating
system packages (like ca-certificates) to recent versions.

You may want to check that your operating system patches are current and
that your Java version is current.

Mark Waite