On Friday, December 24, 2021 at 7:14:05 AM UTC-7 Oleg Nenashev wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> So the New Year's coming soon. So now we will need a yearly a report for
> the Continuous Delivery Foundation. I guess we would like to have a
> standard Jenkins blog post this year, right?
>
> Would anyone be interested to contribute to this blog post? I might be
> able to coordinate the effort though I'm not sure this is very appropriate.
> I haven't been as active for in the community this year as used to be
> before.

Thanks for the reminder!  I'd like to contribute to that blog post.  I
think we have many things to highlight for this year, including:

   - Outreach events
      - 5 completed projects in Google Summer of Code
      - Over 90 pull requests from Hacktoberfest contributors
      - 5 women in Africa mentored by the She Code Africa contributhon
      - 4 students mentored in master project for Jenkins security
   - New features
      - Configuration form modernization
      - Spring and XStream upgrades
      - Guava upgrade
      - Java 11 now the default in Docker images
      - 6 plugins adopted by contributors
   - Security fixes and improvements
      - 19 security advisories published
      - Apache Log4j 2 incident managed
   - Plugins and Documentation
      - Confluence wiki attack mitigated
      - Plugins site search and documentation site search
      - 38 blog posts
      - Documentation for 200 more plugins migrated to GitHub
   - Social
      - Community.jenkins.io is growing
      - 3000 more followers on Twitter
      - 13000 more followers on LinkedIn
      - Over 90000 views on YouTube
      - IRC chat moved to Libera chat

I'm open to other highlights that should be noted in the blog post.

Best regards,