On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 9:50 AM Ullrich Hafner <ullrich.haf...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Am 13.01.2022 um 08:46 schrieb Tim Jacomb <timjaco...@gmail.com>:
>
> The information was included in the import
>
> All of them have the reporter, and the ones assigned have it in the
> expanded details section, e.g
> https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helpdesk/issues/2690
>
> GitHub doesn’t let you report as another user,
>

> I see, this is a real drawback of the import. I am using a „reporter"
> filter quite often in Jira.

I can propose you as a workaround this kind of search:
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helpdesk/issues?q=is%3Aissue+%22originally+reported+by+hlemeur%22

> and assignee would require a Jira -> GitHub mapping, which might work for
> the INFRA project as it’s unlikely to be many people assigned to, but also
> not very valuable info IMO.
>

> I think it is a very valuable information who actually fixed a bug. But
> since the information is at least visible in the description text at least
> a workaround is available...

As you noticed, there is additional information in the issues body in a
<details> block, closed by default to avoid clutter.

Tim already said what I was about to respond about the author and assignee
possibilities or lack of.

My regret is the fact I've learned about the "notifyUsers=false" Jira REST
API parameter too late.