On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 12:01 PM 'jn...@cloudbees.com' via Jenkins
Developers <jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A point raised in a permission update for a plugin in RPU is that we are
> still granting users permission to Artifactory for deployment of a plugin
> that they maintain even if the plugin is using CD.
> https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/pull/2265/files#r773914240
>
> Is there any reason still to do this?
>
> Backports for security would as far as I understand be deployed
> differently (the security team sets up a special repository in artifactory).
>
> I also beleive (and may be incorrect) that we should be able to do CD on
> branches (however we may need to change <version>{$revision}</version> to
> be <version>xxx.{$revision}</version> in order to get a branched version
> number (in the cases where a plugin is not already using a prefix like for
> libraries).
>
> Thus are we now in a place where if CD is enabled we can (and should)
> remove user level artifactory access for plugins (that we maintain), or
> even more broadly across all plugins to get some better security?

We still need to have a reference as to who is the owner/maintainer of a
component, and we have not yet defined an extension of the YAML that would
separate deployers/uploaders from owners/maintainers. There are downstream
scripts depending on these files, so yoloing a change of the key is
probably not a good idea.