On Friday, February 18, 2022 at 1:53:10 PM UTC-7 Tim Jacomb wrote:

> Hello
>
> https://jenkins.io/jep/236 has been integrated.
>
> Please have a read and share any thoughts.
>
> Any thoughts on us continuing as Basil suggested with the June 14 date for
> LTS?
>
> and a weekly in the near future?

I'm not comfortable that we've reviewed the work to be done thoroughly
enough yet.  I'd like another 2 weeks to do more exploring of potential
issues related to the transition.

I opened a (premature) conversation in the Jenkins governance meeting
asking if this is the time to change from major number 2 to major number
3.  That would be similar to the way that Jetty changed from 9 to 10 when
they began requiring Java 11 and would be similar to the way that Eclipse
JGit switched from 5 to 6 when they began requiring Java 11.  I don't know
if that is a common pattern in other projects, but I've seen that pattern
in a few projects.

Mark Waite