> Am 27.04.2022 um 12:37 schrieb 'Antonio Muñiz' via Jenkins Developers
> <jenkinsci-dev@googlegroups.com>:
>
> I was working/planning with Oliver for some time on this. One of the
> identified downsides of this approach is that the Jenkins UI does often
> evolve in a backward incompatible way (ie. table to divs change, plugin
> manager recent changes, etc), all those potential breaking changes would not
> be caught by acceptance tests running at plugin build/release time (unless
> the plugin maintainer updates the `jenkins.version` to the latest very often).

When you run the ATH tests in a plugin then you run the tests agains the latest
Jenkins version, not the baseline version defined in the plugin. I’m using
Dependabot to make sure that this version is up to date. (It is still too late
since the Jenkins release is already published, but at least you will see it
one day after the release)